Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Adieu, adieu to you and you and you!

Farewell Gra 217!!! Overall I really liked the class, the magazine project was probably my favorite project in the entire course because I feel like there was a lot more freedom with the magazine. The most frustrating part about the class were the labs because I didn't really feel like I got a good understanding of the software, I understood it enough to get the projects done; but that was kind of it. My lab instructor wasn't a bad instructor by any means I just think it's hard to teach a group of students something you know very well when you're not really a teacher or professor.
In the class I really learned the importance of visual hierarchy and what it is to be able to manipulate a reader around a page. I'm more type conscious in everyday and it's kind of driving me crazy.
Today I went to see my friends thesis presentation and the girl after her had a powerpoint and the type was some oddly indented light stroke of some serif typeface. She even used italics at times to differentiate the quotes of certain speakers, I wanted to throw up. See? It's driving me crazy, I was nauseous her entire presentation.
I really enjoyed the class and even though it was stressful at times, I would still recommend it to a friend. Sherri Taylor (and yes I do find it necessary to say her first and last name whenever I talk about her) is a great professor. At times she seemed cold but she really knows her stuff and sometimes the truth is what you need to hear to get better at what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment