Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Final Post | Palermo

I wasn't really sure what to expect going into this class. I thought the class would be geared more towards topics like the gestalt principles of design. But I learned so much more than that in the class. I gained a greater understanding and respect for design and typography. This class made me look at things in greater detail.

Even when I wasn't in class I would still look at things through a graphics lens (which sometimes scared me when I caught myself doing it). I noticed myself paying more attention to things like typefaces and magazine spreads. I remember I noticed the use of Hobo on a classmates project and got really excited that I had known what typeface it was. This class was one of the few classes I've taken thus far in my Public Relations/Accounting dual major that allows you to be creative with visuals.

I enjoyed the experience and learned a lot in the process. My favorite project was the magazine project. I love flipping through magazines (mostly sports and music ones) and always like to pick one up when I'm bored at home.

This course was challenging because I was learning to think through a different lens and I had to master software I had little experience with. The lab TAs, Paul and Professor Taylor were more than happy to help along the way and made my learning experience in this course a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment