Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Final Post | Mariotti

I was definitely looking forward to taking this class. I knew that the skills I would learn would be extremely beneficial in the magazine journalism career. What I didn't expect, though, was for the projects to be so fun and interesting, and relate to my life right now. It was great that we got to design a resume, which was very helpful for when I applied for internships. I even got to help my friend, who is not in Newhouse, design her resume.

My favorite project, though, was the magazine project, which isn't surprising given that I'm a magazine journalism major. Even though it was one of the more difficult and detail-oriented projects, I found it allowed me to be the most creative and innovative out of all of the projects.


I found I have been looking at the world through a new lens after learning about all that goes into design. I now notice typefaces, visual hierarchy, gestalt principles, and other design elements everywhere I go. Even though this was my earliest morning class, I looked forward to attending class. Professor Taylor and Paul were both so passionate about graphics that I couldn't help but be enthusiastic about it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment