Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Week 14: Nadell






I tried to incorporate everything that I have learned about design this semester into my website design. The first thing I wanted to do was to connect a lot of text and colors within my design. I made “New Trier Winter Carnival” lithos pro, which is the same as the headers on my pages. The tool bar at the top is in cooper std, which is the same as the body text on the site.

As for color, the page that you are currently on is yellow and the header of that page is also in yellow. I made the colors of the website blue, green and white, which reflect the high school’s colors. I think the color connections help create continuity on my website.

The pictures on my pages, all of the people face in towards the text to guide the reader’s eyes from the picture to the text. The New Trier Winter Carnival logo is at the top letf of all the pages to create repetition.

I choose cooper std because it caught my eye and it is easy to read. I picked lithos pro because it has a carnival feel to me and I like its uniqueness.

I tried to keep my website very simple because when a website is too complex, it usually has bad design. When there is too much going on the viewer doesn’t know where to look first and doesn’t know what to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment