Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Final Post l McGill

I have to admit that when I saw I needed to take a graphics class I anticipated it being a class that I didn't really like and just had to 'get through.' I'm happy to say that this was not the case at all. I'm not sugar coating this at all either. Graphics ended up being one of my favorite classes that I've taken so far. I think graphics could easily be taught in a boring way, but the way we learned about it kept me really interested.

The diversity of projects was nice because it gave us experience with three of the major Adobe software products. Through spending so much time working with the programs, I really did gain a new respect for design. Before this class, I would look at a design of something; judge it as something I liked or didn't like, and that would be that. Now I still decide if I like a design or not, but a lot more goes into my thought process. I must say though that I'm not thrilled that I see grids every time I look at a design now.

I've learned that it is a huge misconception that design is easy - because it's not! Even once you master the software, it can be really tough to be creative. I'll take a lot from GRA with me as I continue in my career and truly believe that it has established a solid foundation in my future. I'm actually excited to take another graphics class in the future, hopefully I'll enjoy that one as much as I did this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment