Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Week 14: Project Posting Wolk

For my interface design project, I chose a not-for-profit event benefiting Camp Good Days and Special Times, the Gamma Phi Beta Crescent Classic. The Crescent Classic is an event held by my sorority, Gamma Phi Beta, and is a huge capture the flag competition. I wanted my website design to make the event look fun while showcasing the good that it does for children through Camp Good Days. The colors that I chose, pink and brown, are the colors of Gamma Phi Beta, so I thought that using them would be a good way to incorporate our house into the design. The gray in the background of my design was chosen simply because it is neutral and not distracting.

The crescent is the symbol of both our house and also the event, and was used in the poster that we created for this event. For the navigation bar, I used the pink and brown scheme to show which page is currently active. The banner at the top of my design was created in Photoshop with the shape tool, and I think it makes the page look very professional.

I chose the typeface ITC Avant Garde Gothic Std for every part of my design. I’ve used this typeface in the past and I am just drawn to it for some reason. I think that it is readable and inviting, sophisticated without being too boring.

The pictures that I used all came from the previous Crescent Classic, and I took each one on my own camera. The only exception is the logo of Camp Good Days and Special Times, which came from the organization’s website.










No comments:

Post a Comment