Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Last Post | Leveille

In general, this class has given me a new outlook on the world: a deeper appreciation of our surroundings regarding graphics.

I've always known that communication is a key aspect in getting a point across to an audience. I've always known that images make a difference in communication. But what I never realized was how powerful graphics really are. The only knowledge I had about graphics before walking into the classroom this semester was what I learned in 8th grade and my experience in designing my high school newspaper.

This class made me look at everything around me in a different way. Including typefaces. I was in my IR class the other day, and my TA had made a Powerpoint. I caught myself looking at the title and thinking that it didn't look visually appealing, and that he should have either used a different font or adjust the tracking/kerning.

I'm glad i learned all the concepts we went over - and I'm sure there's plenty more. Everything we've learned is definitely going to be helpful in the future, especially the programs we learned to use like InDesign.

One more thing, I love and appreciate how enthusiastic both Prof. Sherri Taylor and Paul are about graphics and their students - that makes all the difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment