Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Week 14 | Staponkute








Design and strategy

For my web design I chose an event organized by red cross. They organize babysitting classes for teens where they can learn to be responsible, basics about the children care and much more. The event does not reveal what the collected money will be used for but since red cross is a non-profit organization I assume it must must be used for something great. I decided that for my pages I want to have a cute baby picture. The one I have is perfect since it is also leading our attention to the right where the information is. I also tried to match blue background with child's eyes. And blue color is also related to the purity and it also calming. The color for a navigation bar text I matched with the red cross which is in logo of the organization. When you are on the page the navigation bar text puts on a light orange. I created an extra text in orange and then put it on top on the true red color. I tried not to have too many colors and wanted to play with grey, blue, white, red, and navy blue I had. For the info page, I included some extra information in the left about the kids in Africa which would appreciate financial help. I thought that since the web site is directed towards children, and that the info page talks about money, visitors might consider helping one of these kids. For the photo gallery, I found these fun arrows in the google images. For a register page, I included a baby's hand directing us to the text on the left. And for the contacts page I found a random picture of an old lady (looks more experienced and reliable) and put it next to contact information which was already given. Seeing pictures is much more fun!

Typography

I had 3 main fonts for my text. One of these is Apple Casual which I used for the headline of the web site. It looks modern and young so I thought it would be decent since we are talking about babies. I also used Hobo Std for navigation bar and some main text. This looks also fun. Then for the body text I used Bell Gothic Std which looks more convenient to read than the Hobo font. I also tried to find similar text to the logo text, and I used Arial Black to vary some typography within the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment