Friday, March 26, 2010





I printed on parchment colored paper so the background was not white.

Design Strategy:
I chose an idea from brainstorming that involved using my initials, which spell "MAP" and tying it to my future major in Whitman: Finance. I applied the idea of a map to financial planning. I positioned a hemisphere of the globe above my initials. The hemisphere gives the logo a very placid shape. On the back of my business card I used one of my earlier ideas of a treasure map. I thought that the treasure map was a fun example of finding financial success while being guided by a map.

Choice of Typefaces:
I chose the typeface Caslon 3 LT to use in my logo and in all the text on this project because it was an old style serif. I wanted my logo to embody the looks of old world mapping and no typeface family did that better than the old style serifs.

Visuals:
To create the hemisphere of the globe I created a circle and then used the knife tool to cut it in half. Using the pan tool I created the continents. For the treasure map on the back of the business cards I made a black box the size of a business card, and then made a box slightly smaller, that would be the same color as the paper I would print on (which was colored to look like old parchment paper) and inside that box used the pen tool to make the continents. I also drew and "X" and a ship using the paintbrush tool to give it a treasure map feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment