Friday, March 26, 2010

McGill l Week 9




When I began thinking about my logo design, I knew from the beginning that I wanted to use my initials in my logo. FM are important letters in the radio world since they make up one of the two major frequencies (AM being the other). Many people often recognize my initials FM in the radio context.

The typeface for my stationary is Myriad Pro. I decided to use this typeface because it is simple, sophisticated, and most of all easy to read. I drew the F from the business card in illustrator.

When I developed

the idea, I decided to make the M look as if it had a satellite dish instead of the v section at the top of the M. The satellite dish represents the broadcasting of me in a sense. I really like this design and felt that the F would not always be necessary. I included the F in the business card but thought simplicity would be more effective for the envelope and the letterhead so I decided to omit the F for those two pieces. I made the F in block form to give it strength and make it easy to read. On the business card, the F lifts to reveal the contact information. It also acts to direct the reader’s eye to the M which is the main part of the logo.

The business card was done in illustrator and the letterhead and envelope were done in InDesign. I used two Pantones in the design. I chose pantones for ease of printing. Blue is a calming color and it is also my favorite color so I chose blue for the basis of my design. I really like the way gray looks on a dark blue background and I think the blue makes the gray look metallic which is an effect I wanted to achieve without using metallic ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment