Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 6: Nadell

The main demographic of my poster are the families with young children who live in the New Trier High School district. This high school has been having this not-for-profit event for 10 years so it is already widely known in the community. It is also the New Trier area’s biggest fundraising event of the year.

The people that attend the Winter Carnival are elementary school students who come with their parents, middle and junior high school students who get dropped off, and teachers of New Trier who bring their children.

I tried to cater to the need of this demographic by making something that was creative and eye-catching yet easy simple with little to read. Basically, since this event is already well known, I didn’t have to include so many details, or draw the viewers in with words. I could just use a dominating image.

New Trier could definitely afford to make this kind of poster because it has basic colors. New Trier takes this event very seriously, so they would have no problem contributing money since this event helps to pay for a family’s home.

The biggest goal for me on the poster project was to think of a creative idea. I really tried to think of

The reason that I used the typeface rosewood std as the font on the top was because I think it stands out and kind of has this fun, carnival feel to it. It is distinctive and caught my eye when I was scrolling through the fonts. I think it is unique. For the other information I used cooper std black font. For this, I just picked something that was different and was very easy to read. I wanted a text that contrasted the rosewood font I used at the top of my poster.

To create my image, the first thing that I did was I found an image of balloons and a carnival mask online. I traced both of these. Then I created wavy lines as the strings of the balloons and a triangle that was to be used as the roof of the house. After that I used the shape tool to create the three windows and the door. Once I had all the parts together, I put them in their place to create the house. Lastly, I added color to everything to make the whole image alive. The image is the most important part of my poster. It is the central image and what draws viewers in. It is the complete creativity of my poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment