Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Week Nine | Loguidice

Rationale: Logo Project
Design Strategy:
The design was difficult for me this time around. I wanted to be perceived as very professional, and trustworthy. I feel that is important for future news writers; people need to be able to trust you and perceive you as professional (objective), and I wanted my logo to reflect that.

Choice of Typefaces:
Throughout my project I used Dante MT Std, an old-style serif font.I have always liked serif fonts for their easy readability. I used all caps in my logo because I wanted to leave a powerful impression, but caps and lowercase in any other information because it is easier to read.
I feel like logos are meant for a general audience, and therefore I chose I typeface that everyone found it easy to read.

Visuals:
For the visual in my logo mark, I used shapes, drawn by hand with the pentool in Adobe Illustrator, to create white space where my initials are visible. I added my last name in caps at the bottom to contain it a little better.
I think my visual works pretty well. I tried to create visual Gestalts throughout the entire design by repeating typefaces and colors. I also wanted it to be simple, because I think if too many colors are used, and there is too much crowding the space, it detracts from the design as a whole. I also repeated the idea of reverse type on the business card.
I chose to work with blue and purple. Blue, to me, is a very professional color. I find it calming, and it’s supposed to be known as the “color of trust” according to Kate Lippert. I chose purple for its calming effect as well, but more for its place on the color wheel. I wanted an analogous color palette. Something that would flow. I also arranged the colors the way I did for a reason. “Sandwiching” the purple between the blues was to create the “form” of my initials. I think the color brings it together nicely as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment