Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Maxwell Week 8

The logo I chose is the Nickelodeon logo. I chose this one because I think it's a very fun logo and it's very simple. It's made to look like the stain of a mess you made having the time of your life as a child, at least that's what I get from it. Initially I wasn't going to use this logo because I couldn't find gestalt principles that I thought would apply and then I realized that the lack of detailed components and little use of gestalt principles are what make this such a fun logo. The orange is very warm and makes you excited almost, and having the words in white, sort of carved out of what looks like a paint splatter, really makes the name stand out.

The color works very well and plays an important role in the Nick logo because it's gender neutral, it's very warm and exciting and would clearly state to any viewer that they are viewing a children's channel. I also think the logo being in the form of a paint splatter attracts older youth (that's kind of an oxymoron, I know) that would normally be turned away by a very childish logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment