Thursday, March 25, 2010

Week 9 | Mariotti





Design Strategy:
i wanted to make my logo simple, yet clever. I connected the logo to my initials, AM, which reminded me of morning. Also, my first name, Allison, has the image of a sun in the last syllable. I am a magazine journalism major, so I wanted my logo to be creative, which I think this accomplished.

Choice of typefaces:
I used the typeface University for my initials, and American Typewriter for the information. I wanted it to be easy to read and simple, to work with the simplicity of my design.

Visuals:
For my visual, I created an ellipse and covered the bottom third with a white rectangle to create a rising sun. Then, I placed a yellow and orange gradient in the circle. Finally, I created a black line to represent the horizon line.

No comments:

Post a Comment