Thursday, March 25, 2010

Week 9: NADELL



Design Strategy

The most important thing that I wanted my logo to portray about me was professionalism. I think that the simplicity of my logo gives that impression. Also, I wanted my logo to connect to sports, so I thought that putting the letters in a baseball diamond would help make that work. The logo says that I am a professional who is involved in sports.

Choice of Typefaces

For my logo I used Trajan Pro bold. The reason that I choose this typeface was because it is a serif and therefore easy to read and recognize. Logos should catch the eye. I just like that Trajan Pro is very basic and not too fancy. These letters also fit very well together in the order that I sketched them. I choose to have the letter in caps to emphasize that these are my initials and the first letters in my first, middle and last names, which are always capitalized.

Visuals

The first thing that I thought about when creating my logo was sports teams logos and how they usually use the first letters of their home city to represent them. Going off of this and the idea that I wanted my logo to give a sports vibe, I decided to use my initials. I basically just drew out my initials in a variety of ways until I decided that this one was the one that looked the best.

After mapping the letters out, I wanted my letters to be imbedded within something to create closure. Basically, I brainstormed until I decided that a baseball diamond would work best. I wanted to create a baseball infield that resembled a baseball field but at the same time, was not too obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment