Friday, March 26, 2010

week 9: Irina Dvalidze | logo project

From the very beginning I wanted to use an aspect of my name as the primary focus of my logo, since despite the changes in my career and aspirations my name will remain a steady component. Which is why I made the letter “I” a focal point. However, as a Television Radio Film Major I wanted the logo to reflect that. I decided to incorporate the Film concept through using as stylized camera aperture in place of the dot on top of the eye.

I chose Bauer Bodoni Std 2, for the logo because it had a strong body to the letter “I” which could support my design. As for the name font underneath I chose bold Gill Sans, because of its simple and clean-cut appeal. I repeated Gill Sans within the contact info for the same reason. I played around with using all caps in my name since I wanted it to stand out.

For the logo mark I found a photo of an aperture and messed with the filters in Photoshop, one of which gave me this lavender color effect, which essentially inspired the color palette for the rest of the design. I felt that the color gave a more feminine touch to the design, while maintaining geometric construction. The CMYK was 58.07, 97.96, 18.19, 3.9.

No comments:

Post a Comment