Friday, February 12, 2010

Week Three: Wolk


Design Strategy: As a magazine journalism major, I thought that my prospective employers would want to see a resume that was neat but still showed some signs of creativity. I wanted to include some color to make my resume stand out and I thought that the light periwinkle color I created in InDesign was bold enough to make a statement but not too overwhelming. I took the color from the bar at the top and continued it in a line of dots that runs vertically down the page. This line separates my headers from my information, creates white space to keep the resume from looking too crammed, and continues the long line from the "l" in my last name. Overall, I wanted my resume to look clean and organized but also have a unique look.

Typeface: For my wordmark, I chose ITC Caslon STD. I originally chose this font because I liked the "c". The font is a serif font but the serifs aren't too pronounced and the rounded edges make the typeface look fresh and modern. I thought that the "V" and "W" which start my first and last name would look nice if they were pushed together to create a diagonal line, and these letters in ITC Caslon STD easily created this effect. For my body, I decided to use Minion Pro. This typeface is readable but also a bit decorative, and I thought it complemented my wordmark nicely. Minion Pro looks nice large but also when it is smaller, so I thought this was perfect for the body of my resume. I was able to use the bold and italic versions of Minion Pro along with the regular style of the typeface to distinguish between information.

No comments:

Post a Comment