Friday, February 12, 2010

Week Three | Wu


Design Strategy:

My target audience is employers from advertising agencies. My design goal is to give them an impression that I am creative so that I can obtain internship opportunities for this summer.

Typeface:

When I was designing my wordmark, I realized that there are two “i” in my name. I take advantage of that and create my headers as iExperience, iSkill, and iEducation. These more fun headers reflect that I am independent, have my unique personality and I am the king of my life.

Since the headers remind people of Apple, I chose MyriadPro typeface, which is used for iPod, iTouch and iTune. MyriadPro is sans serif. It is simple and modern. This typeface also reflects that I am a modern To be consistent with the “i” in headers, I use MyriadPro for wordmark, too. I would love people to call me in my first name. Therefore, I use grey and smaller fonts for my last name to deprioritize it. “Y” is capitalize and big so that the top line is the same with the top line of “W” in last name.

For body text, I use Gill Sans. Gill sans is sans serif. It is clean, simple and modern. It has a medium x-height. It is readable.

No comments:

Post a Comment