Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week Three| Loguidice


Design Strategy:
The desire to create something fun, elegant, and fantastic were my initial feelings on the project. After the projects directions began to sink in, I thought more in-depth about what I wanted this resume to say about me. As a future newspaper journalist, I decided I wanted my resume to be elegant, and professional. When people read my resume, I want them to get the impression of someone who is reliable, hard working, and classy.
I designed my resume to be simple and streamlined. I opted to use violet in the color scheme because I feel that is a quiet, subtle, and classy color, and I wanted those qualities to be emphasized. I also felt that a simplistic resume was more traditional, as newspapers are in the media world, but that adding color to a subtle design would also suggest that I’m versatile.

Choice of Typefaces:
The choice of typefaces was essential to my design. My favorite category of type have always been the serif family. The traditional and classic personality of the type has always attracted me, so I decided to showcase them in my resume.
Both of my typefaces are from the serif family. Goudy Oldstyle Std, which I used for the body of my resume, belongs to the old style serif group, and the most traditional. For my word mark and headers, I decided to go with a modern serif because it continued with my serif-themed resume, but added a bit of a more modern feel to it. I think they contrast nicely. I used caps and lowercase because I feel that capitals are difficult to read sometimes, and that all lowercase letters can be bothersome. Names should always be capitalized.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, i absolutely love your wordmark, i feel you achieved what you were aiming for in making it very elegant. I really like the color choice through out, especially the subtle contrast between the S and the L.
    I only have one suggestion you may want to consider. I would leave more space on between the sections of the resume body. You have lots of free space towards the bottom which could be filled up if you yanked the body paragraph a little lower. Other then that i command you on a a job well done.

    ReplyDelete