Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week Three: Nadell


Design strategy: In creating my resume, I wanted to make a finished product that looked professional, nice and neat. For this I did not want to use color, too fancy typefaces or make my wordmark not read straight across. I considered that since my audience will probably be some type of newspaper company, considering that my major is currently newspaper journalism, they would be looking for something businesslike and professional. I just kind of played around with everything till it looked cool and nice by my standards. My two biggest parameters I set for myself before starting the resume was to make it professional and have it display my experience with sports since I may transfer majors into sport management.

Choice of typefaces: The first step I took to selecting a typeface for my word mark was that I browsed the suitcase looking for a font that caught my eye and was professional. I also wanted a wordmark that had serifs. I choose to use Chapparal Pro for my wordmark. The second typeface I choose was Times New Roman. I used this type because it is basic, a clean font and very readable.

Wordmark: I liked how I could make my first name light and my last name bold italic so that my first and last names could stand apart without having to put a space in between them. I decided to make the first letters in my first and last name bigger so that the S and the N would stand above the other letters, instead of them being even to the lower case ls and d in height.

No comments:

Post a Comment