Friday, February 12, 2010

Week 3 l McGill

Design
When I began to design my resume, I had several goals in mind. I wanted a clean and crisp resume. I decided to use black text only to maintain a classic look. I made sure to keep the text classic yet modern with my use of different font families.
Type
I wanted my wordmark to be strong but still have a young feel. I really like the “LL” in McGill. The seriphs on the “LL” are different and fun. This is one of the main reasons that I chose Diotima LT Std as my font family for my wordmark and headers. I used the Italic style of Diotima LT Std for my first name to set it apart from my last name. While my first and last name are the same font size, I think my last name stands out more this way which is what I intended. I kerned the letters in my first and last name to align them exactly where I wanted them. I also used the same typeface for my contact information. I made the first line Italic and the second line Roman to mimic my wordmark. I used Corona LT Std for my body font because I wanted an easy to read font with a medium x - height for the body of my resume.
Paper
I used a thicker paper to make the resume firmer. I think it makes the resume easier to hold and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment