Friday, February 26, 2010

Week 6: Wolk


I chose Relay for Life as my event. This race is held annually across the country by the American Cancer Society, but my poster was designed specifically for SU's event. I wanted to attract students with my poster, and I know that students pass hundreds of posters every day- I wanted to make sure that my poster would catch the eye quickly and efficiently convey the basic information for the event. I wanted to make the poster youthful, since the primary audience will be young students.

I used Glypha LT Std 64 Bold for the typeface on my poster, because it was easy to read from a distance. I also thought the font had a fresh, modern quality, especially with the all lowercase letters.

My visual is two runners, which I created in Adobe InDesign with the trace tool. I like that the images are running across the page, giving the poster some movement and going in the same direction as the text below. The heart that the runners are passing is also traced, and it goes with the headline "pass on love, run for life" because it is literally the love being passed during the event.

I chose to use light blue, dark blue, red, and black colors on my poster because they are all found in the American Cancer Society logo. I think that by using the colors I was able to tie in the logo at the bottom of the poster, and I think the colors are visually appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment