Friday, February 26, 2010

Week 6 | Staponkute


I was completing this blog in bird library so they didn't have the font needed for my poster, and used older version of inDesign. This font in here is not the actual in my poster, just wanted to let you know!

Design Strategy and client information

Faith Hope & Love Foundation is established in order to address the overwhelming needs of today’s children and youth. In the event they organize and that I chose, people are encouraged to donate formal dresses for upcoming prom events in high schools. These are big events and as always, prom nights are not imaginable without dances. That is why I chose to picture the feet of the dancing couple. It is the last dance being at high school, the last one to dance with high-school love. I wanted this poster to look cute and girlish because we are talking about teen-age girls that usually love colors pink and purple. I used cute typography and an orange bow to bring some “sweetness”. However, I think this project might have some limitations. This non-profit organization is run by Laura Brusseau, a high school teacher of Laconia, NH, that is why it might not afford big quantities of colorful posters. However, I think it is possible to refuse some colors to make production cheaper if necessary.

Choice of typeface

I wanted to find something oriented towards the teenagers that is why I chose Party LET Plain:1.0 for the headline. I liked this typeface because it is already curved and that it has a nice letter “L”. Other additional information I put in Bodoni Svty ITC TT as it is simple and makes easy to read the information.

Visuals

For the visual in my poster I took a picture online and used the Blob Brush tool to go around the shape of the dancers’ feet. I chose (RGB) color purple inside the objects and light pink around them. I chose the same pink for the background because I noticed that the purple forms looked more attractive. I also used Blob Brush tool for a bow but this time I drew it myself, I only chose a different size. Orange works well as I can use it also in typeface to emphasize important parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment