Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week Three | Nelson


Design Strategy: I wanted something cleancut and modern, but that would also show my creative side. As of now, I'm a magazine journalism and art history major, so I wanted a professional feel but also a somewhat artsy flair. I knew I wanted some element to pull the whole concept together, and achieved that with the connecting letters in my wordmark. I used white space to really bring the focus to the wordmark and then let the line lead the eye down the page (I was also able to utilize whitespace since my content's a little...minimal since I cut out the majority of my high school work, just sayin).

Font Choice: The wordmark and header are in Futura, while the body is in Gill Sans, light and regular. I knew I needed sans serif fonts in order for my wordmark to work the way I wanted it to, and I wanted one that was slightly bold so the line would be a good barrier between my sections. For the body, I was mostly looking for readability, but I also wanted it to still have the same modern feel and not be overly contrasting to the wordmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment