Friday, February 12, 2010

Week 3 | Leveille


Design Strategy

I originally wanted to make my wordmark in an all cap serif and connect two script L’s together in order to emphasize the L’s in my name. When I tried the design, I felt that it would give the wrong image to my audience, newspaper editors. I decided to simplify the design by tucking both my first and last names into a large capital L. The combination of the wordmark and the structure was supposed to make the resume simplistic with a slight edge to it. My goal was to make an understandable, easy-to-read resume that would portray characteristics such as clean, organized, responsible and straight to the point. I also used the shades of black and gray in order to create a balance throughout the body.

Choice of Typeface
I chose two serif typefaces in order to give the resume a clean, professional look. The workmark and headers use ITC Cerigo Std, a serif that gives each letter a slight curve. I felt that this created a contrast with the typeface in the body of the resume: ITC Caslon 224 Std, a distinct, clear font for readers to look at. Although both fonts are serifs, the differentiation between the two successfully creates a contrast that makes each section of the resume stand on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment