Friday, February 12, 2010

Week 3: Nicole Buckbinder

From the very beginning that I was assigned this resume project I had an idea in my head about what it was that I wanted to create. As a graphic design/photography illustration major I knew that my resume needed to reflect all of my creative work that I have accomplished and let that show through on the actual design and layout of the resume itself. The intended audience for me would be a creative team in an ad agency of some sort. Therefore my resume’s word mark could be a catchy way to get the audiences attention and allow them to begin to understand my style of creativity. I want to be perceived as more of the “new age” type of designer. I want to try new things to make myself stand out from other designers but in a tasteful way without being too “tacky.”

I chose to work with the typeface “Myriad Pro.” The reason that I chose this typeface first of all was because I wanted a sans serif typeface to give my resume more of a modern look. I specifically chose this one because it is very easily read and there are multiple typeface families within this typeface. Therefore, instead of using more than one font, I used the same typeface but used the different styles to make things stand out and more legible in the overall structure of the resume. In addition I chose to make the actual content of the resume a small 9-point font in order for it to not look as cluttered and disorganized. There is still a good amount of white space, which separates the location and date of every different “experience” so that it is easily lined up and not confusing to the reader. Considering it will be read by a professional. I decided to keep it on white paper and all black and white because I didn’t want my resume to be tacky or distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment