Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week 3 | Mariotti


Design Strategy:
My goal was to make my resume clear, easy to read, but also aesthetically pleasing. Because I am a freshman, my intended audience was any magazine staff member who decides who gets internships. I wanted to aim for something creative, because I am going in to a creative industry. But I also wanted to keep it clean and professional at the same time.


Choice of typefaces:
The first typeface I chose was Berndhard Modern for my wordmark and headers. I chose this font because it was an elegant serif font without being overly ornate like script or novelty fonts. For my last name in my wordmark, I used small caps.
The second typeface I chose was Gill Sans for the body. This font, being a sans serif, nicely contrasted the serif font, Berndhard Modern. It is clear and easy to read, which makes it great for the body text.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you set up the information within the sections. All the other ones we've seen, mine included, had very similar formats but you definitely mixed it up and still kept it very professional looking. It has a very clean look.
    The only thing I'd change is under your graphics course, try cutting it down just a bit so the "Illustrator" isn't on its own line.

    ReplyDelete