Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week 3| Irina Dvalidze

Design Strategy:

My primary goal naturally was to create a design that would reflect me as an individual and would be easy for employers to read through. Which is why I wanted to have as much negative space as possible, to avoid the clutter of information. For the same reason I wanted to use different weights within the body font. I wanted to have color, to avoid the design becoming blend and boring. Ideally color was supposed to contribute to the visual gestalt.

I wanted to have a “theme,” a visual that would lead the eye smoothly through the text, which is why I used the bullet point as part of the design within the headers and simply tabbed the job descriptions. I also chose all caps for the headers and made the rest of the body font light Gill Sans. I applied the same principle to the Major headers. I wanted to mimic my word mark design, maintaining the color as a visual guide.

Typeface:

For the Typefaces I was looking for legible, and highly contrasting designs. I immediately chose Gill Sans for the body, because it was a sans serif. It was easy to read and had a more modern look to it. I felt that a Sans serif font, being a more contemporary design conveyed an important message to the communications field, which is all about forward thinking.

However, I wanted to contrast the clean-cut design of Gill Sans with a more vintage looking type in the word mark. I wanted there to be a strong visual contrast to make the design more interesting which is why I used Clerendon. I also chose to make “i” within my name a focal point since it is such a dominant part of my name, hence it being burgundy. This consequently gave me the idea to make all the “i”-s in the headers in color, to continue the concept of visual gestalt.

No comments:

Post a Comment