Thursday, February 11, 2010

Resume Assignment

Ugh. This project really showed me the amount of time and the attention to detail that is required to make a, at least half way decent, graphics project. I ended up 86-ing my original idea for my wordmark (bad idea folks, have confidence in yourself!) at the last minute and replacing it with just my full legal name.
Before I had even decided what I wanted to do with the actual content of the resume I wanted to find a way to draw attention to the paper without even using words, to make it recognizable just in case my wordmark didn't quite do the job. So I added the grey section on the right to contrast the larger left hand side of the page that would have no color (except for the text obviously). I wanted the large bold lines to add the visual effect of the wordmark I was originally going to use and I also wanted them to sort of guide the reader over to the grey section. I also felt that I was lacking in experience so in order to give the impression of an extensive experience section I left the large white space solely for my experience and I pulled the grey section out a little further. I did this so that the length of the sentences in the experience section would be shorter in inches but I had to be careful to make the space just the right size to give the effect of multiple sentences and not one very long sentence typed in a cramped space. The resume has a long way to go and even though I don't hate it, I will say that I'm glad we get a redo.

Final thought of the blog: Who the hell invented tabs, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment