Friday, February 19, 2010

Week Five| Loguidice

This poster design I found online, and thought was fun. This is actually a student-designed poster from Carnegie Mellon University. I saw this and immediately noticed several Gestalt principles in it.
The design is a good example for simplicity and for closure. By using two circles and a person sitting in the right position, we know immediately that the person is riding on a bicycle, without actually seeing a bicycle.
I admire the simplicity of this design. If you took away the words, the message is still pretty clear: drive less, save the world. It's better for you, and for the environment. For this kind of message, the simpler the better.
I'd also like to add in the fact that I love how they added in the earth--the thing to be protected-- as the bicycle's wheels. Kudos Carnegie Mellon University.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,

    Excellent example and analysis! Fun, simple, and well done. I like that you dug up some student work online and hope your search helped you out on the poster project.

    Cheers,
    paul

    ReplyDelete