Friday, February 12, 2010



Design Strategy: I wanted to divide the page into 3 spaces, one for my wordmark, another for the information in my resume and the third for the headers. I used black lines to separate the spaces to clearly define where each space starts and ends. I used the grey text box for the headers to add a bit of color but chose grey because it I thought it kept it looking professional. Since I'm a dual in Newhouse and Whitman I didn't want the Whitman career center to completely freak out. In my wordmark I wanted the emphasis to be placed on my last name, because Matthew is such a common name. I accomplished this by using an italicized black weighted text on my last name. I thought italicizing my last name lead the readers eye directly across the page to my contact information in the upper left cornor. I used verticle lines to separate information on my activities to go with the verticle line separating the headers from their sections and to keep the resume looking clean.

Choice of Typeface:
I wanted to use a serif font for my wordmark because the serifs would form a baseline in my first and last name. I chose Versailles for my wordmark and used a roman weighted font for my first name and a black italicized for my last name. To contrast the serif font used in the headers and first line descriptions of my activities I used the sans serif typeface Avenir in the body. I liked Avenir because the letters were easy to read in small type. It also didn't make the writing appear cluttered on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment