Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ed Kashi | Staponkute

After the speech I heard this Thursday evening, I am considering to transfer from PR to Photography haha. Seriously, Ed Kashi seems to be not only an awesome photographer but also very warm person. With his passion to photography and projects he accomplishes, he fulfills not only himself but also serves good to poorer nations and addresses their issues. He gave an exellent example how can picture make a big influence (nigerian boy's picture posted in National Geographics brought him education and different life). Indeed, pictures have so much power and often times I do forget that.
It also looks like being photographer is fun, especially when working on your own projects. I like that he has unlimited time to finish his project, I like that he has opportunity to travel to different places and I like how this brings good. This jobs requires patience, resourcefulness, creativity - features that Kashi demonstrated in his work this evening. It is just amazing what a human can create by having only a camera and audio recorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment