Thursday, April 15, 2010

Week 12 | Mariotti





Design:
For my subject, I chose Lady Gaga because of the great images I could use. For the cover, I kept it colorless to keep with the black and white in Lady Gaga’s outfit. For the first spread, I continued the color in the background of the image to the background of the rest of the spread.

Typography:
For my cover, I used Parisian because it seemed like an elegant, yet quirky type. For the headline on my first spread, I used Coronet. For the deck head, I used Fournier and for the bylines I used Fournier italic. For my body type, I used ITC Stone Serif and for the caption I used Weiss italic. For my folios, I used Parisian to connect back to the cover type.

1 comment:

  1. I love this spread, and I especially love the title. It really fits with the picture to its right. I think the pictures used for the cover and the first spread are perfect for Lady Gaga and really depict who she is as a person. I also really liked the text that was chosen for the title. I also really like the white space on the second page. My only suggestion would be to make the picture on the far right a little bigger so that it was the same size as all the others.

    ReplyDelete