Friday, April 23, 2010

Week 13: Nicole Buckbinder

A website that I use very often is ABC.com. I use this website mostly to watch my favorite television shows (LOST and Greys Anatomy) when I miss them on T.V. I am led through the content to the content that I am seeking by using the navigation bar. I click on what I am searching for and am immediately led to what it is that I am looking for. It is obvious based on the sizing of different elements on the page about what it is that ABC wants the users to be attracted to. Usually they have up a new show or a premiere time on the front center of the page. This is the dominant item because it is information that ABC wants its users to become aware of instantly. I think it is really good that they do this because it immediately leads the viewer’s eye to the front. Especially because it is a “flash” ad. In addition on the right side of the website there is a bar saying the TV show schedule of what is on ABC that night. This is really good because it gives the viewer the opportunity to click on it if they want to catch up or find out more information about it. I think that this website could be improved by having a link on the navigation bar to lead the user directly to watching full episodes because I feel that is a very common use of this site. It would cause it to be easier for the user then having to go to the shows actual page first before being led to watching the full episodes. Overall though I believe this website is really good and useful. It is always updated and I have never run into any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment