Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 12 l McGIll



Story Choice:


I decided to use Husid’s story because after doing some searching for articles about either the beach or scuba diving, I found his which combined the two. I love both the beach and scuba diving so when I had the opportunity to use the two as a topic for my magazine, I couldn’t refuse.


Typeface Choice:


I thought of the name “Explore” for my magazine before I designed anything else. When I was searching through the fonts in the Adobe library, I came across Baker Signit and loved the shape of the cross in the “X”


As for the rest of the text on the cover - I knew I knew I wanted to use all caps for my main head.


I chose Janson for the body text because I wanted something simple and readable.


Image Credits:


Front Cover - Google Images - 300 DPI


Inside Spread - istockphoto.com - user Konradlew - 300 DPI


p.6 - istockphoto.com - 300 DPI


Top page 7 - travelocity.com - 72 DPI


Photo behind sidebar - Google Images - 72 DPI


Photo on right - Fran McGIll - 72 DPI


Back cover - Google Images - 1200 DPI


Color:


The only color I used for the text was on the first page of the magazine. I chose yellow to mimic the yellow edges of the palms.

• The yellow on the front cover is C=0 M=23 Y=100 K.

• The Blue on the front cover mimicked the sky, and was C=100 M=90 Y=100 K=0

• Top bar on p 6-7 C=63 M=46 Y=0 K=0

• Bottom bar on p 6-7 C=97 M=88 Y=31 K=20



1 comment:

  1. I love your story choice. I have to say the first spread is truly spectacular. Great selection of images overall. The only suggestion i would have would be to reconsider the font-size of the largest cover line. I think it is a little distracting from the deck head and the image. Otherwise this design is completely awesome. Great job!

    ReplyDelete