Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 11: Wolk


One of my "guilty pleasure" websites is tmz.com, a celebrity gossip site. I go there to check out what's going on in the entertainment world, since it is all available on one simple website. At the top of the page, there is a search bar. You can type anything into the search bar and get a list of the past articles about that particular topic. Each article has multiple tags and labels, so you can find one article with many different search terms. At the end of each article, there are links for more stories about that particular subject. If you skip the search bar and go straight to the stories, you can still find related articles.
The site is set up chronologically, with the most recent news at the top. This allows the reader to check the site and avoid rereading old news. The bar at the top of the page gives you different options like "Photos" or "Videos," so you can easily find various forms of media.
The feature of the site that I use the most is definitely the search bar... if I've heard something about a particular celebrity and can't find it on the first page, rather than scroll through the other pages I will just type a name into the search bar. It is definitely a time-saver and lets me skip the mindless gossip that I really don't care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment