Thursday, April 8, 2010

Week 11: Nadell

The website that I think is best when it comes to user-friendliness is ESPN.com. The reason why I like it so much is that it allows you to do so much and obtain so much information without even going to another page. Probably what I love best about it is are the current scores at the top. You can see the progress of every game that is going on, and check games that ended and are coming up from every sport. All you have to do is click the sport. It doesn't even take you to another page. But it gets even better. For baseball scores it shows you the score, the inning and who's on base, and when you hover your mouse over the game you can select to see the gamecast or the box score. I think the scores bar is at the very top of the page so that it stands out since timeliness is one of the most important parts of sports. It helps me a lot because when I want to know the scores of any game that day, all I have to do is go right to the top. ESPN.com is laid out very grid-like. Everything is placed within a rectangle to make the site very organized. This grid makes it very easy to navigate. Another great thing about ESPN.com is that the most eye-catching part of the site is the current biggest headline in sports. This is the biggest rectangle, which is logically placed in the middle towards the top. It is very convenient that this headline is integrated with a video that can be watched right on the homepage. If you would prefer to read more all you have to do is click below, where there are multiple links to a variety of articles on the topic. The part of the site I use the most is the headlines box on the right of the homepage. I love this because I can obtain everything that is going on in the world of sports just by reading a few fragments. If there is a headline that I want to know more about all I have to do is click on it and I am brought to a whole article. This saves me so much time. Also what is awesome is that below the top stories rectangle on the left, there are links to the top columnists on ESPN. What makes ESPN.com an amazing website is that there is so much information, all of which is organized to create zero chaos. And within this information you can find exactly everything you want with a simple click.

No comments:

Post a Comment