Monday, April 26, 2010

Maxwell week 13

The site I chose to do is the food&wine website. I think food&wine puts out a good magazine and when I read the starter post I figured I'd check the site out.

I ended up really liking the site because there is so much going on, it's sort of like a magazine. There are car ads, blogs, recipes, and pictures everywhere but the site doesn't look overcrowded. This is good use of a grid because I can see the three containers the designer of this site was using. The outside columns are wider than the one in the middle and they contain bigger and brighter information so the viewer is constantly led from one side of the page to the next. I think the designer did a great job of matching the colors of the headers with the tones of the food and this visual continuation is what really protects the site from looking overcrowded. The headers themselves are also very eye catching and jog my interest to read the article or post.

No comments:

Post a Comment