Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Maxwell Week 9




For my logo I wanted to do something that obviously represented me and as I was looking at other logos I fell in love with the idea of making my name a graphic one and design my logo that way. Only problem was that I don't really have a graphic name so I had to improvise and I really like what I came up with. My first name is Sukience but it's pronounced Sha-keece as if there were an invisible "H" and a silent "N". So I decided to make my logo of two keys giving the "shah" symbol so when you put it all together it makes "shhh-keys" a.k.a. "Sha-keece" a.k.a. Sukience! I used ExPonto pro because I thought it was a sort of funky type. I think it goes well with the style of the keys and the color and weight of the paper.
It's sort of abstract but that is one of the things I like about it. I used an old fashioned key shape and colored it gray to give it a classier, more mature look. I made the key ring into the symbol for female because my name can seem a little ambiguous and I thought it added more of a creative touch to the logo. The key ring is a red-orange color, heavier on the red side, because I feel like red is a color of power and I consider myself to be a strong woman.
When I was coming up with the design for the keys I wanted it to look classy yet still a little cartoonish. Because I'm not all work and no play and I didn't want a logo that was too serious so I played around with the keys and faces and shapes to make it a little more playful. This is a logo that I feel I could use forever because my name will always be Sukience and my personality will always be able to show through this logo no matter how old I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment