Friday, April 9, 2010

Week Eleven| Susan Mihalick




The first thing I see when I visit Hulu.com is a series of scrolling images from the “most recent”, and “most popular” television shows, right across the top of the page, just under the navigation bar. The navigation bar is simple, clean and directly at the top of the page with the search bar within. All you truly need can be found without even scrolling to the bottom of the page. This homepage is one of the easiest, and most un-intimidating for me, and even my semi computer illiterate parents (sorry mom and dad) to navigate.

As a far too frequent user of Hulu, I typically use all the features that are directly on the homepage. Everything that I “need” is typically just one click. Hulu’s features are quite straightforward and visible. The show that I want to watch is typically in the ingeniously, simple series of flash produced, visual links on the top of the page. If it isn’t in this space then I move to the “ohh so” simple search bar. It recognizes what you are typing as you go and organizes the shows in alphabetical order from there. Hulu then sorts the show’s seasons and you can navigate to a particular episode from there that is if you are using its t.v. archive. The movie archive has an identical setup that works just as effectively. They keep their grid system clean with three columns of content.

No comments:

Post a Comment