Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 12: Reiter









I chose to do this story because it was from a local magazine in Colorado and the article was so relevant and comical to me. A lot of the places you would only know if you were from Denver and a lot of the writing was very comical to me because of how true it is. At first I wanted to do a celebrity but I kept feeling limited by only being able to have pictures (for the most part) of that celebrity. I also thought that the idea of snow gave me a lot to be creative with because the topic and the article were so broad.
As far as typefaces I used Spartan LTStd Book class for the title of my magazine and I also used it for my folio, except I put the number in Heavy Classified.I really liked how simple and raw this text was and I thought it was appropriate for the mountain theme I had going For the other cover headlines I used Versailles LTStd 95 Black. Inside the magazine I used ITC Lubalin for the headline and Janson for the deckhead in cursive. I liked how the cursive broke up the monotony of the text. For the actual text I used Janson as well. I thought that it was very easy to read and clean. For the color scheme I used a blue because of the mountains which was c= 94 M=72 y=0 and k=21.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely loving the 1st spread. The drawing of the Denver skyline makes it look unique and goes away from the cliche use of skyline photos. The font used in the spreads goes along nicely and I'm liking the blue color theme-it really goes with the winter theme. I would maybe use a different font than Versailles LTStd for the cover headlines and maybe make it a sans serif like the title, but other than that I think it comes off as very professional and really balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Davis! I love your first spread, I think it's absolutely genius that you were able to create that picture! Your magazine title stands out nicely, black and bold was a good choice. Your second spread is very organized and I love the gloves! Looking forward to seeing you webpages!

    ReplyDelete