Thursday, April 15, 2010

Maxwell Mag project














So I did my magazine on chocolate and I really had a lot of fun with it. The hardest part was trying to find big enough pictures, I found a lot of great shots but most of them were too small.
I feel like the topic of my magazine made the pictures harder to find because who really takes huge pictures of chocolate? I wanted to keep the color scheme the same throughout the magazine so I used different shades of brown for everything and not knowing how to use pantones made this difficult to do because I was mixing the colors myself. I could've improved on the details of my magazine, like the folios and captions etc, by actually looking at a magazine but I was too into the idea I had in my head.
The grids were such a great help because the organization really pulled the spread together. The second hardest part for me was making the pull quote because my text wrapped too tightly around the text box and I struggled to make room for the frame I was using for the quote.
Overall, I'm happy with my end product, this was definitely my favorite project so far.

1 comment:

  1. I like the strawberry idea a lot. The whole design is very neat. The color gestalt is used consistently. This zine is delicious!!

    ReplyDelete