Friday, April 30, 2010

week 14 | WU






Yiwei Wu

GRA217 | Web Design

Rationale

Design Process

Since this is a website only for the event, there is not much information needed on the website in total and in each section. Therefore, I chose to do something different. I made this big blue box in the center of the page that contains all the information I need in homepage and other link pages. This way the central box is prominent. Also I make the headline hanging on the edge of the central box, and gave it a glow, which makes it looks like a sun hanging in the sky. In addition, I have two flowers as a continuity factor through out the six pages. On the homepage, the bee and the text are from Illustrator doc of my poster.

Typeface Choices

The headline, I used Postino Std since it has this thick strokes and fun characterastic. For the net bar links, I used Hobo Std. It is sans serif, which is easy to read and with a fun character. For other 5 link pages, I used Chalkduster for the titles, and Gill Sans for the body text. Gill sans is readable and looks simple and modern.

Pictures:

I found all the pictures from Say Yes to Education Syracuse Chapter’s website.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a fun web site, as I understood directed towards the kids. Bees and the flowers you use creates a warm view you get by looking at this web site. I really love your 3rd page, I think the board is very creative in here and I like you hanging pictures. Overall, you feel that the summer camp is cozy and welcoming you. Good choice in typography, especially with Postino Std. Works in here well. Good job Wei! =)

    ReplyDelete